Here’s an easy test that looks at everyday situations where early signs of hearing loss may be evident:
- Do you miss some of the dialogue while watching TV?
- Do you fail to catch all the words spoken by a woman or child?
- Do you not understand a conversation when there’s background noise?
- Do you have difficulty understanding when several people are talking at once?
- Do you have difficulty understanding on the telephone?
- Do you sometimes not hear the doorbell or telephone ringing?
- Do some noises bother you (dishes, cups, motors, appliances)?
- Do you find music to be less enjoyable?
If you answered ‘yes’ at least once, it’s a good idea to have your hearing checked.