Everyone’s hearing is unique, so everyone experiences hearing loss in different ways. Here are some of the common symptoms:
- You often miss certain words or find yourself confusing words or misunderstanding conversations.
- You frequently ask the speaker to repeat what was said.
- Your family members or friends have expressed concern about your hearing.
- You avoid certain social situations (the theater, restaurants, parties) because it’s difficult to hear.
- You have difficulty understanding telephone conversations.
- You turn up the volume on the radio or television to levels that are too loud for others.
- You have difficulty following conversations in groups or in background noise.
- You have difficulty hearing outdoor sounds such as birds or the wind.